Re: Bookworm: Dolphin no longer shows "RMB click > Open with > Other applications" dialog

Le lundi 13 février 2023, 18:51:53 CET Helge Reimer a écrit :
> Am Montag, 13. Februar 2023, 18:29:39 CET schrieb luca.pedrielli:
> > is xdg-desktop-portal-kde installed?
>
> Now yes. And that solved it. Thanks.
> I always wonder how you should know about this.
> It has always worked and suddenly an additional package is needed. Where is
> that written?

You shouldn’t, that’s a packing bug.
It’s fine to raise this kind of issue here, thanks for that ! and I will fix it
in the next upload.

To give some background, when working on KDE packaging we usually update whole
package sets in one go. That’s 83 frameworks source packages, ~45 plasma, over
200 Gear, and several times that number in binary packages.
When the packages build we then install the whole set to ensure they’re not
broken.
So on our packaging machines we usually have all the packages installed and
don’t notice these kind of issues.

Some packages declare these runtime dependencies as such in their cmake
makefile but not all of them do, so your testing and feedback is appreciated so
we can fix it for everyone else.

Le lundi 13 février 2023, 21:17:16 CET Helge Reimer a écrit :
> Am Montag, 13. Februar 2023, 20:58:08 CET schrieb local10:
> > Not happy about the change though. KDE devs reworked the "Open with"
> > dialog
> > and not for the better, IMO. Now it has huge icons that occupy several
> > pages, no organization, no way to reduce the icon size. The old dialog had
> > everything neatly organized, even showed what section the target app
> > belonged to (Development, Internet, Multimedia, etc). With the old dialog
> > one could find the app even without knowing its exact name, just by
> > browsing the related sections. Anyhow, it words.
>
> Unfortunately I have to agree.
> I was almost shocked when I saw the window for the first time.

I have to disagree with that.
I never liked the old « open with » window which I found hard to navigate.
Hard to make everyone happy I guess…

Happy hacking !
--
Aurélien