Re: Okular locked up my system and left no evidence

On 10/02/2023 06:46, Borden wrote:

There's a grave problem with how Okular processes PDF forms. Simple, short-answer text entry has ballooned a simple 1 MB file into a 1.2 GB file. This would explain (but not excuse) the excessive CPU and hard-drive usage. It probably also maxed out the RAM and caused the system to freeze.

Workaround: avoid using Okular to complete PDF forms at all costs!!!

I'm sure a sample PDF attached to the bug report would be appreciated.

alexd