Re: Coloured character borders in kterm

On 2023-01-14 22:05 +0100, Miguel A. Vallejo wrote:

> Hello!
>
> After today's apt-upgrade I noticed all letters in kterm have a
> coloured border as you can see in the attached image.
>
> But I also noticed 78 packages have been kept back, so my question is:
>
> Is this a new problem or only the symptom of an incomplete upgrade?

It is due to new settings in fontconfig-config, especially the symlinks
10-sub-pixel-rgb.conf and 10-yes-antialias.conf in /etc/fonts/conf.d.
Try removing the first of these, and if you are still not satisfied with
the result, the second as well.

After that fonts should look the same as before, except that the default
family is now Noto rather than DejaVu, see https://bugs.debian.org/1028643.

Cheers,
       Sven