Re: Versions mismatch and upload methodology for KDE applications

Hej,

Am Freitag, 4. November 2022, 20:47:41 CET schrieb Shmerl:
> I noticed that versions of KDE applications in Debian repos are
> all over the place. Examples:
>
> kmail: 22.08.2
> konsole: 22.08.1
> okular: 22.04.3
> and etc.
>
> So method of uploading them seems random or ad hoc.
>
> Why aren't KDE maintainers uploading the whole suite of
> applications at once for all of them to have the same version?

In short, lack of manpower.

We've automated the packaging of the Frameworks, Plasma and PIM for the
most part, but Gear isn't quite there yet for various reasons.

If you're interested in getting everything up-to-date, feel free to join
the effort.

--
Med vänliga hälsningar

Patrick Franz