KDE Connect started working

I've had the kdeconnect app on my desktop and on my Samsung phone for at least a couple of years without ever having them able to see each other. Yesterday evening I was looking at the notices on my phone and saw that kdeconnect had found my desktop computer! It couldn't connect to it, but when I used my desktop to initiate the pairing, it worked.

To be clear, all I've been doing is the normal updates (Debian/Bookworm & the Android phone) and haven't even looked at kdeconnect since my initial failure to get it to work.

My home networking hasn't changed either. In fact it's been weeks since I even logged into the router.

I'm not sure why it suddenly started working the way everyone said it should when I first tried it, but kudos to the developers for whatever they did to fix the problem I was having.