Re: Wayland in current KDE

Le 18/02/2022 à 15:45, Leonid. a écrit :
You should use X.org. Wayland is bad-wokring now.
IMHO, if you aren't wayland developer you should forget this unstable tech :)

31.01.2022, 15:10, "Marc Haber" <mh+debian-kde@zugschlus.de>:

     Hi,

     I tried Wayland recently. Looked ok, but was hardly usable. The Panels
     show, but don't accept any mouse clicks (neither left nor right).
     "Leave" in the desktop's right-click menu didn't work either, had to
     Ctrl-Alt-Backspace myself out of the session.

     Is this the expected beavior of a KDE Wayland session in current Debian
     unstable? If not, which package deserves the bug report?

     Greetings
     Marc

     Marc Haber | "I don't trust Computers. They | Mailadresse im Header
     Leimen, Germany | lose things." Winona Ryder | Fon: *49 6224 1600402
     Nordisch by Nature | How to make an American Quilt | Fax: *49 6224 1600421

--

Sorry to read that is your experience, but for me wayland, while not perfect now, is already working better than xorg ever was on the five Debian PC it is running on. And when I do get plasma craches, it is just that, a plasma crash and automatic restart, not a complete system meltdown like it used to be the case with xorg... So as long as you are not using Nvidia proprietary driver, and you are using newer packages (I am on unstable), I definitely recommend giving wayland a try, it's easy enough anyway to switch between sessions.

Enjoy the options.