Re: Plasma 5.21.1 in Experimental

On Friday, February 26, 2021 1:04:08 PM CEST Luc Castermans wrote:
> Hi Martin
>
> My answer below depends on the starting point at your PC.
>
> I retrieved the list of installed plasma related packages using something
> like:
>
> dpkg -l | fgrep 5.2xy  | awk '{ print $2 }' > toupgrade
> [As my PC was on 5.21.0 I could use 5.21.0  in the fgrep, if you're at 5.20
> you should use that of course.]
>
> and then
>
> apt install -t experimental `cat toupgrade`

Once the selected packages have been upgraded to experimental, the following
line might be useful for the subsequent upgrades:

aptitude --target-release experimental install "?narrow(?installed, ?and(?
archive(experimental), ?maintainer(debian-qt-kde@lists.debian.org)))"

I can hardly say if it works well, because my system was already up to date.

Maybe it's an overkill, but the possibility to further select packages by the
maintainer, and therefore easily narrowing to kde-qt packages, seems a good
idea.