Default browser settings muddle

Hello,

I've recently been trying a few different browsers, altering default
browser settings via KDE/Plasma settings software.

I've finally settled on a browser, but some apps, when they call the
browser, open a page such as;
file:///home/brad/.cache/kioexec/krun/49841_0/somepageorother
rather than
http://url.of.website/somepageorother
The number in the 'file:///...' call will be different each time.

I've ensured that both gnome-browser and x-www-browser point to the
correct browser, but cannot for the life of me figure out why some calls
are being mishandled.
Note:  I'm not pointing fingers at KDE/Plasma, it's almost certainly
something *I've* screwed up.

My online searches have proved fruitless (clearly my search fu isn't up
to snuff) and am hopeful that someone far more knowledgeable than I can
shed some light.

Using Debian testing, with KDE plasma 5.20  Any help greatly appreciated.

--
 Regards  _
If you ain't sticking your knives in me, you will be eventually