Re: KDE Plasma LTS for Debian stable

Simon Frei - 10.12.20, 18:46:16 CET:
> I understand the question as why is debian targeting 5.20 for the next
> stable instead of 5.18 LTS. The answer is simple: LTS means 1.5 year
> of support, maybe more [1]. That's not long enough for the debian
> release cycle: 5.18 was at the beginning of this year. That means
> support will end at about the time or shortly after the next debian
> stable will be released.

Basically as far as I am aware Debian Qt/KDE team never actually cared
about that a Plasma LTS release would be used. In the end, critical fixes
could be forward- or backported from an LTS release to whatever version
Debian stable will have. And after end of LTS, a forward- or backport of
a fix would be needed anyway.

Also AFAIR this has been discussed here or on another Debian KDE related
mailing list before.

Best,
--
Martin