Re: Status of Plasma 5.18/5.19?

Luc Castermans - 18.09.20, 16:14:14 CEST:
> Op vr 18 sep. 2020 om 15:49 schreef Marc Haber <mh+debian-
kde@zugschlus.de>:
> > On Fri, Sep 18, 2020 at 10:41:30PM +0900, Norbert Preining wrote:
> > > we, that is Scarlett Moore and Patrick Franz and me, are working
> > > on
> > > updating Plasma in Debian. For now we are uploading 5.19(.4) to
> > > Debian/experimental, but this needs a few iterations due to NEW
> > > processing, but hopefully it will be all done soon.
> >
> > That is really really good news, thanks for the update!
> >
> > I am especially glad that things are going forward as a team effort
> > and that the team has at least one VERY experienced DD. Thank you
> > all for doing this.
> >
> > Please keep people updated about your progress and especially the
> > state of the experimental packages, I have a test notebook that I
> > don't mind breaking occasionally, so I can do testing if the
> > packages are in a state when trying them makes sense. I guess other
> > people might be able to help with that as well.
[…]
> I am happy to test as well!

Just for everyone: Plasma 5.19 cannot be tested in complete at the
moment as some packages are going through NEW queue and thus need to
acknowledged manually by FTP masters.

To me this has been clear from what Norbert wrote and I see to Marc as
well. But to make sure its really clear, here you have it.

That said, I installed some packages from experimental already. And they
are working here. However, with anything in experimental, if it breaks,
you get to keep the pieces. I won't share the packages names for now, if
you like to be adventurous and are experienced enough I am sure you find
out yourself.

Best,
--
Martin