Re: Status of Plasma 5.18/5.19?

Hi,

Right Sander:

Knowing  nothing about the history of the frictions but knowing the needs and acknowledging each other's skills I regret to read the thread.
Are we past the point of no return or is there an option to go to square one and restart? What would be needed to do so?
At the same time I note that email is a bad medium for this type of interaction, sorry for using this medium I am not aware of another one.

Regards

Luc

Op ma 29 jun. 2020 om 13:30 schreef Sander van Grieken <sander@outrightsolutions.nl>:
On zondag 28 juni 2020 12:53:15 CEST Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> Dear Marco, dear Qt/KDE team, dear Norberg, dear community,
>
> Marco Valli - 28.06.20, 11:12:03 CEST:
> > Do you remember debian multimedia of Marillat, another "very
> > experienced DD"? No? well, even preining in a few years will no
> > longer remember by anyone. Debian yes.
>
> I am not sure whether it makes sense to discuss this out to the end…

Well I'm afraid this topic will keep coming back occasionally until it is resolved in one way or the other.

> I really would have preferred for Debian/Kubuntu Qt/KDE team to work
> together. But if that isn't the case that also is how it is. And it is
> important to accept that. That does not make anyone who is involved
> right or wrong either. It is just different approaches. None of them
> inherently better or worse than the other.

Personally, I find this situation hard to accept. The maintainer team is not just a collection of individuals, it's a body that is a gatekeeper of the K/Qt stack into Debian. This gatekeeper role doesn't just give its members significant power, it also assigns to the team a responsibility to keep enabling contributions and improvements to reach the user.

No process can be made totally free of friction. But it is a matter of maturity how friction is handled.

--
Sander

--
Luc Castermans