Re: Change user icon (avatar) as non-root

Am Donnerstag, 25. Juni 2020, 21:13:39 CEST schrieb Grzegorz Szymaszek:
> I had tried setting a new icon via System Settings. I did not enter root
> password in the prompts that appeared, but it turns out the avatar (the
> ~/.face.icon file) was actually updated. I am on bullseye, not sure if
> it works the same in buster.

For me, "Activate system administration rights for this user" is checked in
System settings -> User account details -> User administration.
But not for the other user.
I can change the icon, the other one cannot. What rights do you get with it?
Change ’~/.face.icon’ is the last option. We want to use the GUI.

--
Gruß
Helge