Re: Since update slowdown Kontact

Martin Steigerwald - 31.05.20, 18:10:54 CEST:
> You can research whether a similar bug has been reported.
>
> If its about Akonadi only being able to do one thing at a time, this
> issue is known to the developers.

Well, that Akonadi is only able to do one thing at a time is not
completely accurate. I believe it applies to the Akonadi server itself,
but not the activities of the individual resources like POP3, IMAP and
maildir resource. So several POP3 and IMAP resources can retrieve mails
simultaneously while the maildispatcher agent can send a mail… however
if there is anything to process centrally on the level of the Akonadi
server… the Akonadi server can only do one thing at a time. So if there
is a sync of a local maildir, then the Akonadi server itself does not
respond to other resources until the synchronization is done.

There is a way to mitigate this a bit: The resource could synchronize
maildirs in batches.

And there is a way to fix it: The Akonadi server can do several things at
once and schedule between them or put it into different processes and
threads and let the process scheduler of the operating system do the
scheduling.

Best,
--
Martin