Re: KDEPIM 20.04 and KDE Frameworks 5.70 coming to unstable now

Hi Sedat, hi community!

Sedat Dilek - 27.05.20, 13:03:40 CEST:
> Some stuff like kmail I have stolen from incoming.d.o/buildd-unstable.

So I did something ridiculous: I actually waited till I could upgrade
using just the packages from unstable :) – Kopete still got uninstalled,
but as I do not need it and I think its not even up to date regarding
XMPP/Jabber and OMEMO… I said, yes, go ahead. Thing is, right now it
appears to me KDE does not have any suitable chat application.
Konversation for IRC may be good to go, but I use Quassel IRC with core
running on my server for that. But Kopete or KDE Telepathy appear to be
mostly unmaintained and buggy.

So far everything works.

Three observations so far:

- I got a warning of KAlarm about using archived alarms without having a
calendar for it. Well I just told it not to archive alarms. So far so
good.

- A connection error I got with a nice mail provider I use some accounts
with IMAP got more specific and I now see that it was related to sieve
protocol. As I don't use sieve filtering on that account I just disabled
it. Also good.

- Unread mails in message list in KMail show in *purple* color.
Interesting choice. So I told it to use custom color scheme and set a
color that better suits my taste. I may report a bug about this, as with
white background that purple really does not look that readable.

Let's see whether anything else comes up.

I do hope that the frequent stalls during POP3 retrieval or message
filtering are gone now. They appeared somewhat before KDEPIM/Akonadi
19.08 tough. If they aren't gone: I have not much of an idea on how to
provide a useful upstream bug report about it, cause I have no idea what
is causing those stalls and I see nothing obvious in logs. I am pretty
certain tough that these are not caused by my Dovecot POP3/IMAP server.

Best,
--
Martin