Re: KDE Apps 20.04 (and Plasma) for Debian

Hi Rainer.

Hi Rainer.

Rainer Dorsch - 27.04.20, 23:07:02 CEST:
> just wondering, if anybody tried Norbert's repo for sid and bullseye
> with
>
> - KDE frameworks, currently version 5.69
> - Plasma packages, currently 5.18.4.1
> - KDE Apps, currently 20.04
>
> https://www.preining.info/blog/2020/04/kde-apps-20-04-for-debian/
>
> I think, any feedback would be useful.

I avoid third party repositories usually to avoid compatibility issues.
I still remember quite some upgrade and switch between each other issues
related those extra Debian Multimedia repository packages I used a long
time ago.

I'd love that Debian Qt/KDE team and Norbert would work together –
especially given that it is a small team –, but as far as I got there is
some reason that they don't. I feel like offering an alternative
repository, instead of first contacting the team was not all that
helpful. I also feel like not commenting on this any further as I got
the impression it is a somewhat sensitive issue given that as far as I
got there has been a quite strong reaction to his offer to help.

I am grateful for Pino packaging 20.04 KDE application packages. Thanks,
Pino! Of course I would love to see current Plasma and especially KF
packaged, but as I am still not feeling like offering help myself, I make
no demand either. It is all volunteer work after all.

(Now I hope I did not offend anyone by what I wrote. In case I did,
please understand that I tried carefully not do and accept my
apologies.)

Best,
--
Martin