Packaging resources

Hi,

I read many times "the Debian KDE"-packaging team to be short of resources. Being a KDE-fan I am very much willing to help and started to lean about Debian packaging.

While I am studying Debian packaging I like to understand why KDE packaging needs so much effort. For example the LibreOffice package seems almost instantly available as soon as an up-stream release became available. Does LibreOffice need less Debian packaging effort?

I do not expect an e-mail thread about this, maybe I could meet with a knowledgeable DD on this, either F2F (I live in South of Netherlands) or virtual.

Regards

--
Luc Castermans
mailto:luc.castermans@gmail.com