Re: Kopete newer in Ubuntu than in experimental?

On Wednesday, January 8, 2020 1:33:49 PM CET Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez
Meyer wrote:
> Hi!
>
> On Mon, 30 Dec 2019 at 23:28, John Scott <jscott@posteo.net> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I've recently installed the Qt 5 build of Kopete 18.08.3 in experimental,
> > meanwhile 17.08.3 is in unstable.
> >
> > Looking at the package tracker, I was surprised to find that Ubuntu
> > appears to have packaged 18.12.3 and 19.04.3:
> > https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/kopete
> >
> > I haven't tried seeing if they build on Debian or not, but I'm wondering
> > why Ubuntu has newer ones. Do they not meet our quality standards, or
> > could they be made part of Debian?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > John Scott
>
> Pino uploaded new version to experimental, I don't know what exactly
> is the reason to not push them to unstable (I guess he might be
> considering it not ready).
>
> Cheers, Lisandro.

Testing and sid versions of Okular are 17.12.
Ubuntu seems to have been using 19.12 for quite some time.
I wanted to know if there are some specific issues with this package.
It's an application I'm using really a lot, and it is worrying.
There is no alternative to this application to me since it is the only one
allowing for pdf annotations.
I myself am using Okular 18.04 from experimental, which however is from 15
months ago. Also, since experimental, it has poor integration; for example,
okular-extra-backends is not available for this version.
Thanks,
Chris