Re: Emojis in black and white ( not color and not displayed correctly).

Hello everyone this problem is fixed with plasma version 5.20. At the moment there is a trick:

sudo nano /etc/fonts/conf.avail/66-noto-color-emoji.conf

<?xml version='1.0'?>
<!DOCTYPE fontconfig SYSTEM 'fonts.dtd'>
<fontconfig>
    <match target="scan">
        <edit name="charset" mode="assign">
            <minus>
            <name>charset</name>
                <charset><range>
                    <int>0x0</int>
                    <int>0x1F599</int>
                </range></charset>
            </minus>
        </edit>
    </match>
    <match target="pattern">
        <edit name="family" mode="prepend" binding="weak">
            <string>Noto Color Emoji</string>
        </edit>
    </match>
</fontconfig>

After enable presets:

$ cd /etc/fonts/conf.d
$ sudo ln -s ../conf.avail/66-noto-color-emoji.conf

Note: In the link (above) there is a very similar solution, but this i think is better!
Note[2]: The trick it's from Antonio Rojas Archlinux (Plasma KDE Maintainer).

Best Regards

El sáb, 12 dic 2020 a las 1:37, Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer (<perezmeyer@gmail.com>) escribió:
Hi Héctor!

On Sun, 15 Nov 2020 at 13:22, Héctor Sales Llamas
<hectorvicentesales@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, ello everyone,
>
> When I press the combination keys "Meta + ." the emoji selector is launched and these are shown in black and white and many of them are not displayed correctly. I have installed the package: "fonts-noto-color-emoji" and "fonts-noto-*"
>
> I found a solution.. but it seemed dirty to me. I will add this at end of the file ~/.config/fontconfig/fonts.conf
>
> Link: https://www.reddit.com/r/kde/comments/fpov5d/help_emojis_in_black_and_white/
>
>> <alias>
>>   <family>serif</family>
>>   <prefer>
>>    <family>Noto Sans</family>
>>    <family>Noto Color Emoji</family>
>>   </prefer>
>>  </alias>
>>  <alias>
>>   <family>sans-serif</family>
>>   <prefer>
>>    <family>Noto Sans</family>
>>    <family>Noto Color Emoji</family>
>>   </prefer>
>>  </alias>
>>  <alias>
>>   <family>monospace</family>
>>   <prefer>
>>    <family>Noto Sans</family>
>>    <family>Noto Color Emoji</family>
>>   </prefer>
>>  </alias>
>

> Note: I installed in a virtual machine (VirtualBox) kubuntu 20.04 and these by default are shown in color. My question: I want to install an additional package or some additional steps are required.

That's a fontconfig config. I have never dealt with it, but either
another step should be taken from within Plasma or fontconfig itself
:-/

--
Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
http://perezmeyer.com.ar/