Re: Issues with a Qt project and modules

In data lunedì 8 giugno 2020 12:13:17 CEST, gianluca ha scritto:
> On 6/6/20 8:31 PM, Pino Toscano wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > please use debian-kde@ as support list. debian-qt-kde@ is the packaging
> > list that gets the bug reports and the uploads/migrations only.
> >
> > In data venerdì 5 giugno 2020 10:45:38 CEST, gianluca ha scritto:
> >> Hello list,
> >> I am trying to port a Qt project a friend of mine is developing in his
> >> PC to my Debian Buster based ARM32bit Board (it is iMX6QuadPlus with 2GB
> >> DDR3 SDRAM and 8Gb eMMC Storage with a 1024x600 lvds display).
> >>
> >> His project is based on Qt 5.12.3 downloaded from Qt website (looking at
> >> .pro):
> >>
> >> QT += quick virtualkeyboard core gui widgets charts
> >> QT += qml quick sql
> >> CONFIG += c++11
> >>
> >> But when I am trying to run qmake on my PC to create the Makefile, it
> >> gives me these errors:
> >>
> >> Project ERROR: Unknown module(s) in QT: virtualkeyboard charts
> >>
> >> I have installed all qml modules and everything is related to charts and
> >> virtualkeyboard, but qmake refuses to build the Makefile.
> >>
> >> How I can proceed further?
> >
> > "QT" represets Qt libraries, so it requires the virtualkeyboard and
> > charts libraries; you can get them by installing their -dev packages,
> > i.e. resp. libqt5virtualkeyboard5-dev and libqt5charts5-dev.
> >
> Thank you for your advice, it was very helpful. I was missing the
> libqt5charts-dev.
>
> No way to go for the libqt5virtualkeyboard5-dev for Debian Buster. It is
> not exists.

That's correct, the virtualkeyboard module provides a shared library
(and development files for it) starting from version 5.12. The whole
Qt stack in Buster is 5.11.

> I changed the .pro from:
>
> QT += ... virtualkeyboard ...

> QTPLUGINS += qtvirtualkeyboardplugin
>
> and the qmake and Makefile were happy!

I don't think that's the same thing:
- "QT += virtualkeyboard" means that qmake will require the
  virtualkeyboard Qt library, using its headers when building and
  linking to it
- "QTPLUGINS += qtvirtualkeyboardplugin" means that qmake will require
  the qtvirtualkeyboardplugin Qt plugin, which will be statically
  linked in your application

In case the project actually uses the Qt virtualkeyboard library, your
change will make qmake happy as you said, but then still won't make the
project building.

--
Pino Toscano