Re: Screensaver issues

On Saturday, June 15, 2019 09:19:41 PM Christopher Marlow wrote:
> On Sat, 2019-06-15 at 20:12 -0500, Christopher Marlow wrote:
> > Heres another piece of info for you...... im having to run xset +dpms
> > to enable dpms for some reason it keeps getting disabled on reboot
> >
> > Chris
>
> I don't know how to do this but I wonder if theres a way I can make a
> script to run at start up that will automatically in the terminal run
> the xset +dpms and then tell xset to turn the screen off after 20
> min... It would prob have to be 2 scripts that I would have to set up
> to run when I log in .

Yes there is, but (1) I can't remember the name of the file that I'm trying to
think of, and (2) I need to know what version of Debian you are using -- I
think I remember that you just recently installed it, thus it is presumably a
new version -- if it's anything newer than Wheezy, then I think it uses
systemd for startup and I know little to nothing about that -- someone else
will have to chime in.

I have two thoughts:

   * one is to search the appropriate file(s) that run at startup and see if
one of them includes a command like xset -dpms

   * the other is to find the right systemd file (or directory) to include a
command like you suggest (i.e., xset +dpms to run at the right time during
startup