Re: Buster: KDE questions/issues

Sep 7, 2018, 3:51 PM by martin@lichtvoll.de:

> Then I misunderstood you. I meant clipboard history size.

That's alright.

> I never found it necessary to change the window size, but I am not sure
> how it looks with a systray in a horizontal control panel, I use a
> vertical one.

I'm actually using a vertical one too, it makes more sense to me with the shape of LCD screens. It really depends on what you set as the Clipboard history size. If you set it to 7 or less than the size of Clipboard window will be sufficient to fit all the items. If you set it to more than 7 then scrolling will be necessary, which what I was trying to avoid. It's possible to have a larger Clipboard window if a shortcut key is defined  in "Configure Clipboard > Shortcuts configuration > Open Klipper at mouse position", which what I will be using.

Anyway, here are the questions  I still would like to find the answers to:

1. KDE > Power / Session menu does not have Suspend or Hibernate options. How can I get them back, if possible? I currently don't have sddm installed but when I did it did not seem to help. Can suspend the PC by using "systemctl suspend" from the terminal.

3. Device Notifier widget shows Floppy Disk device even though my PC does not have a floppy disk. Is there a way to remove it?

Thanks