Re: Konqueror is hidden and can't be brought back, but is still running after "Quit"

On 01/25/2018 05:32 AM, inkbottle wrote:
Hi,

You might want to try that:

Open Konqueror
check "ps -e|grep -i konqueror"
Go in Konqueror menu and do "quit"
check "ps -e|grep -i konqueror", for me it's still running

From that point on, either from plasma menu, or from command line, I cannot
bring back Konqueror window.

If I kill it, then I can have it again though.

I've got latest sid version I believe.

I haven't searched for upstream bug yet.

It seems it is reproducible for another user at least.

Chris

I've been seeing things too, but this Sid. So I switched to start with Empty Session and put what I want to start in Auto Start with no problem and I have now done this with all my systems.

Why you did not use KSysGuard to kill the app is beyond me.
--
Jimmy Johnson

Ubuntu 18.04 LTS - KDE Plasma 5.11.4 - Intel Core i5-3320M - EXT4 at sda5
Registered Linux User #380263