Re: KDE Pim 17.08.3 wants to remove knode

On martedì 26 dicembre 2017 10:49:12 CET Pino Toscano wrote:
> Hi Rob,
>
> In data domenica 24 dicembre 2017 20:36:36 CET, Rob Brewer ha scritto:
> > I'm aware its been some time since knode has been supported but until to-
> > days kdepim unstable upgrade knode has worked alongside kmail without
> > problems, but now want's to remove knode.
>
> I see there are some package conflicts in newer PIM packages with
> packages of the kdepim 4.x stack.  I removed them, although
> a) the fixed sources will not be uploaded before the new PIM stack
>    migrates to testing
> b) I cannot guarantee there will not be further issues

After the uploads I did yesterday, I see that knode should be
installable again together with the rest of kdepim.  Can you please
confirm the same as well?

> So this is only a short-term issue.  That said, not sure for how long
> the kdepim 4.x stack can still be shipped, although... we will see.

That said, since I published the code (although I need to "present it"
to the PIM people): my personal plan is to create a NNTP resource for
Akonadi, so kmail can be a newsreader client too.  Here
https://cgit.kde.org/scratch/pino/akonadi-nntp.git/
you can see the first version I have so far, which works fine for me.
It will not have all the extra features knode has (like scoring)
though, at least if noone implements them, and it will require a bit
of integration work (like extra actions on right click on a server) in
kmail too.

--
Pino Toscano