Plasma crash after searching from app launcher

Hi,

I'm running an up-to-date debian testing with kde plasma version 5.13.2,
kernel 4.16.0-2 on an hp laptop. Whenever I enter anything into the "type to
search" field of the Application Launcher, plasma immediately crashes. I tried
reinstalling kde-plasma-desktop but the behavior persists. A google search
revealed at least one other person having the same problem but I couldn't find
any relevant bug reports. Has anyone experienced this?

Thanks,

Tim