Re: Akonadi does not start

Hey,

it may be an issue with AppArmor - some people had issues with that.

well the best would be to try to start the mysql db by hand and see if mysql
itself complains about the data:

/usr/sbin/mysqld --defaults-file=~/.local/share/akonadi/mysql.conf
--datadir=~/.local/share/akonadi/db_data/ --socket=/tmp/test-mysql.socket --
pid-file=/tmp/test-mysql.pid

than you can connect to the database via to execute staements and test if it
is running:

mysql --defaults-file=~/.local/share/akonadi/mysql.conf --socket=/tmp/test-
mysql.socket

to stop mysql run:
mysqladmin --defaults-file=~/.local/share/akonadi/mysql.conf --socket=/tmp/
test-mysql.socket shutdown

hefee