Re: Issues Setting Up KDE Development Environment in Stretch

Am Dienstag, 27. Februar 2018, 23:33:09 CET schrieb Diederik de Haas:
> On maandag 26 februari 2018 10:14:39 CET Christian Hilberg wrote:
> > This even works with foreign architectures, as long as QEMU supports
> > them. For the Raspi, I set up a Raspbian-Lite chroot, copy
> > /usr/bin/qemu-arm-static into it, and am good to go for cross-development
> > on my host.
>
> Do you have some more details you can share about this? (i.e. precise
> instructions)

On Debian/Stretch, the dance is as follows:

* Install QEMU, especially qemu-user-static, and make sure your kernel
  supports ARM architecture format (we need /proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc/qemu-arm)

* Setup the chroot environment via 'debootstrap', like in
  https://elinux.org/Raspbian (s/wheezy/stretch/g)
  This assumes you are on an ARM host, for cross-running we need some
  additional steps...

* Of course, you cannot just like that run arm binaries on your x86 host,
  so in the above manual, before chrooting into the Raspbian env, copy
  /usr/bin/qemu-arm-static (qemu-user-static package) from the host system
  into usr/bin/ of the chroot environment

* Before chrooting, I usually bind-mount /proc, /sys, /dev, /dev/pts from the
  host into the chroot env

* On Debian, you can now chroot into the Raspbian chroot and the binaries
  therein are run via QEMU and the kernel's foreign architectures support.
  On host systems like Arch, it might be necessary to do configuration work
  to get QEMU flying (just heard of it, never tried it)

HTH,

	Christian

--
kernel concepts GmbH               Christian Hilberg
Hauptstrasse 16                    hilberg@kernelconcepts.de