Re: Akonadi Database maintenance

On Wednesday, 16 August 2017 12:10:02 UTC+1, Martin Steigerwald  wrote:
> anxiousmac - 16.08.17, 01:34:
> > This fails for me as I cannot connect to mysql as user or unix root. I'm
> > don't know which users are enabled for the akonadi embedded mysql as
> > opposed to the system one (not in fact installed on this machine)
> >
> > mysql_upgrade --socket ~/.local/share/akonadi/socket-hostname/mysql.socket
> > Looking for 'mysql' as: mysql
> > Looking for 'mysqlcheck' as: mysqlcheck
> > Error: Failed while fetching Server version! Could be due to unauthorized
> > access. FATAL ERROR: Upgrade failed
> >
> > Any suggestions?
>
> I have no idea why it falls.
>
> You are running mysql_upgrade as the user Akonadi is running in?
>
> Is MySQL/MariaDB, well Akonadi, running? MySQL/MariaDB needs to run for the
> command to be able to contact it.
>
> What does mysql.err log say?
>
> Thanks,
> --
> Martin

The mysql.err on the laptop is full of complaints about native tables from performance_schema having the wrong structure.

using ps ax | grep mysql to pick up the socket name I can connect to mysql using mysql -u root -S <socket> on both my desktop and my laptop.
msql> status; then reads
--------------
mysql  Ver 14.14 Distrib 5.7.18, for Linux (x86_64) using  EditLine wrapper

Connection id:          135
Current database:
Current user:           root@
SSL:                    Not in use
Current pager:          stdout
Using outfile:          ''
Using delimiter:        ;
Server version:         5.6.35-1 (Debian)
Protocol version:       10
Connection:             Localhost via UNIX socket
Server characterset:    utf8
Db     characterset:    utf8
Client characterset:    utf8
Conn.  characterset:    utf8
UNIX socket:            /tmp/akonadi<socket>.socket
Uptime:                 1 hour 18 min 48 sec

But on one machine mysql-upgrade -u root -S <socket> works and on the other it doesn't