Touchpad toggle shortcut issue

Hello,

This week I had to reinstall Debian  on my laptop and upgrade to Sid Now I'm facing this small problem: the touchpad toggle button (fn+f9) has stopped working in KDE as it used to. When I press the combo the touchpad disables itself but a second press doesn't  re-enable it. At the moment, the combo works perfectly in GNOME and if I re-assign the shortcut in systemsettings to enabling the touchpad, then it comes back to life in KDE too, but this is just a worlaround. Does someone know a solution to it? Thank you

Valerio