Re: Double rebooting required after upgrades for months

On Wednesday, February 8, 2017 5:01:43 PM CET M G Berberich wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Am Mittwoch, den 08. Februar schrieb inkbottle:
> > For weeks or months I have a weird, though not serious, issue:
> > After an upgrade, if I launch "mpv" (fork of mplayer), it breaks my
> > system:
> > it stops displaying windows decorations, I cannot switch between windows
> > anymore...
> > However I still have access to the panel, I still can logout or reboot.
>
> I know the problem. Are you using KDE?
> You can (re)start kwin from krunner or panel

I still have this problem really bad;
A simple logout is not sufficient to restore appropriate behavior,
that is, as soon as I reuse mpv, kwin breaks again.

I'm not even sure rebooting systematically suffices to fix the problem.

However once fixed it's fixed for good (until the next upgrade).

Right now, the only upgrade there was was firefox and xinput-calibrator:
how can that have incidence on the described issue?

If I were to fill a bug I really wouldn't know against what. (aptitude?
I know it looks silly, but nothing kde, or xorg, or mpv, have been modified
by that last upgrade...)

My system is 100% sid.

inxi -Gx
Graphics:  Card: Intel 3rd Gen Core processor Graphics Controller bus-ID:
00:02.0
           Display Server: X.org 1.19.2 drivers: modesetting (unloaded:
fbdev,vesa)
           tty size: 189x53 Advanced Data: N/A for root

Note: "modesetting" seems to be the best driver, better than "intel" fwik.

Chris