Re: What happened to kdesu?

Talk about using a hammer to kill a fly.

I understand the problem outlined in that post, and (correct me if I'm wrong) based off the comments it seems like kdesu has been replaced by kdesudo which is some how safer.

Anyhow, I've started using the Atom text editor. Whenever I want to save to a root owned file, a plugin called susave invokes kdesu (or gksudo) and asks for some permissions on order to complete the one operation. I've done ahead and switched over the kdesudo, however was just wondering why kdesu gave up the ghost.

Thanks.