Re: stretch/KDE5: icons disappeared from system tray

On Monday, January 23, 2017 10:30:11 PM CET inkbottle wrote:
> For Kmix, you might want to replace it by "plasma-pa".

Sorry, I was unaccurate in my previous description. The sound icon I had in
the system tray till a couple of days ago was not kmix (which I don't have
intalled), but it was the Audio Volume control of the System Settings Module.

A week ago or so I also installed plasma-pa (v. 4:5.8.4-1), but it didn't show
up in the  tray--I just had the audio volume icon there, and that was fine.

> For "bluedevil" I do have 4:5.8.4-1.

So do I.

> In any case I have a "testing" from yesterday or the day before, and it
> shows both "volume" and "bluetooth" icons in the system tray.

Until a couple of days ago I did have both as well. I don't know what happened
since then. The last package update on my system was on 20 january, several
days before the issue occurred, so it has to be something different.

> Is bluetooth enabled in Settings? Because if it's not, the icon might not
> show.

Yes, it is enabled, and it does work BWT.

Thanks,
  Davide