Re: KDialog very slow on stretch

On Thursday, December 29, 2016 2:32:05 PM CET Luigi Toscano wrote:
> kdialog in stretch is part of kde-baseapps (it will be in its own package in
> the future, as kde-baseapps has been split). The version in stretch is Qt4
> based, and there have been no relevant updates to that code.
> Which version of kde-baseapps do you use?

Hi Luigi, and thanks for your reply. My kde-baseapps version is 4:16.08.3-1,
the default installed with stretch.

solitone@alan:~/bin$ apt-cache policy kde-baseapps
kde-baseapps:
  Installed: 4:16.08.3-1
  Candidate: 4:16.08.3-1
  Version table:
 *** 4:16.08.3-1 500
        500 http://ftp.it.debian.org/debian stretch/main amd64 Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

> Does it happen with any call to kdialog, even with
> kdialog --msgbox foo
> ?

With 'kdialog --msgbox foo' it opens instantaneusly. However, opening a save
dialog from any application (like kmail, chrome browser, etc.) takes ages.