Re: Kmail: "Save attachments" does not work

On Monday, July 25, 2016 5:22:08 PM CEST Sandro Knauß wrote:
> Hey,
>
> no the sender client is wrong.
> multipart/alternative is defined as the mail client should select ONLY one
> part of the alternatives and ignore every other part, if one is selected.
> See https://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc1341/7_2_Multipart.html
>
> The corect type would be multipart/mixed

Yes, that makes sense.

> But unfortunatelly a mail client needs to work with broken senders, there
> are already a lot of places with comments like "broken apple client" :D The
> hard one here is to find a solution not to break the good clients, that
> using multipart/alternative correctly.
>
> Can you create a upsteam bug for it and append the mail (and send me the
> bugnumber)? Than I can have a deeper look and find a solution. I'm currently
> reworking the messageviewer, so I'm deeply into the code...

It would be much  more time efficient to send a prepared mail to you. You decide
to open a bug at KDE or just to fix it. I prepared a relatively small email
that behaves like the original one. I send it to you via sendmail.

Regards, Tim