Re: KDEPIM ready to be more broadly tested [What about testing freeze]

On Sunday, July 17, 2016 20:18:35 Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer wrote:
> As was posted [a couple of weeks ago], the latest version of KDE has been
> uploaded to unstable.
>
> [a couple of weeks ago]
> <http://perezmeyer.blogspot.com/2016/07/upcoming-kdepim-changes-in-unstable
> .html>
>
> All packages are now uploaded and built and we believe this version is ready
> to be more broadly tested.

Hi,

I like to follow "testing", which I do for quite some time, but then I can't
remember what is the right thing to do when there is a freeze, as it is the
case now:
https://release.debian.org/testing/freeze_policy.html

On the one hand I really want to give all those packages a try (now), on the
other hand I'm yet a wee bit reluctant to shift to sid... (I remember I had
troubles, in the past, after doing so, and sticking to it for a period of
time)

When Strech is the new stable, will sid be the new testing?
Should I go for a temporary shift?

Chris