Re: KDialog very slow on stretch

On Thursday, December 29, 2016 7:14:19 PM CET Luigi Toscano wrote:
> solitone ha scritto:
> > With 'kdialog --msgbox foo' it opens instantaneusly. However, opening a
> > save dialog from any application (like kmail, chrome browser, etc.) takes
> > ages.
> It's a different story then. Those applications call directly the API and
> are Qt5-based. Do you have any remote drive mounted, or any special entry
> on the left pane of the open/save dialog?

Yes, I have three NFS drives in the Places section. These drives are not
mounted by default, but get auto-mounted when I select them. This happens
through the autofs service.

At the moment I cannot reach those NFS drives, since I am in a different LAN.
So apparently the lag I experience depends on KDialog looking for those NFS
locations, and not being able to connect.

I didn't thought it would have been a problem. In Dolphin I don't have any
issue, although I have the same drives shown in Places. I have a lag only if I
select any of those drives, otherwise everything works fine.

In any case, now I have simply hidden (not deleted, just hidden) those NFS
folders from Dophin's Places, and now KDialog opens immediately again.

> If you run one of those applications from a terminal, do you see any special
message when you open the dialog

No, no message is displayed.

Thanks again,
  Davide