Re: Plasma 5.5.4 + KF 5.18 in experimental

There are few packages that won't become available before their build-deps are updated. At least kinfocenter, kwayland-integration and powerdevil don't build with kwayland-dev 4:5.4.3-1 but need 4:5.5.4-1 to build.

On 28 January 2016 at 01:32, Diederik de Haas wrote:
On Wednesday 27 January 2016 23:30:36 Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> Anyone have a nice apt / aptitude mantra at hand to update just the Plasma
> +  KF packages to the experimental version without getting everything else
> from it?
>
> Otherwise I´d try to go by some metapackages.

That is going to be tricky. Especially as qt5.6-beta packages are also in
experimental. Anyway, here's a command I just put together:

aptitude safe-upgrade '?narrow(~skde!~nlibreoffice,~i!~M)' -t experimental

Which should upgrade packages from section kde which are not named libreoffice
and are manually installed.

You could also play with '~V5.16' but I _think_ the result will then be that
automatically installed packages (mostly libraries) will then be marked as
manually installed and I personally don't like that.

The following may also be useful:
aptitude safe-upgrade '?narrow(~i!~M, ~V4:5.4.*)' -t experimental

HTH,
  Diederik