Re: pulling kdepim experimental?

On Saturday 02 January 2016 11:31:27 Andreas Bourges wrote:
> To be honest, I don't really understand the message from aptitude:
>
>  libqt5network5 : Depends: qtbase-abi-5-5-1 which is a virtual package,
> provided by:
>                            - libqt5core5a (5.6.0~beta+dfsg-2) provides
> qtbase- abi-5-5-1=5.5.1+dfsg-10, but 5.6.0~beta+dfsg-2 is to be installed.
>

> Is anyone running successfully kdepim from experimental?

I haven't tried it yet, but based on your aptitude output it looks like you're
trying to install kdepim with "-t experimental", which tries to pull
everything from experimental.

If you do it like this: "aptitude install kdepim/experimental" then it will
only get those things from experimental which it needs in order to satisfy its
dependencies (and the rest from sid).
You're seeing this message because qtbase-opensource-src now has 5.6.0-beta in
experimental, but you need to have the package from sid (which does have
abi-5-5-1).