App Icons in Task Bar

Hello All,

I'm not sure how I 'lost' them, but several apps now show only a generic
cog icon in the Task Bar (KDE5).  Occasionally, I can see a glimmer of
the correct icon during the relevant program's start up process, but it
gets dropped/overwritten.  Affected software includes (but may not be
limited to) KPatience and Dragon Player.

My online searching has turned up nothing.  Obviously, my search foo
isn't up to snuff, so how can I get these icons reinstated?

--
 Regards  _
We don't give a damn