Re: sid KDE broken again - locks up when loading iceweasel

On Thursday 05 November 2015 04:06:13 Arthur Marsh wrote:
> I still get a lock-up with the stock Debian 4.2.0-1 kernel.
> I hope that it isn't a sign of a GPU going bad...

Does the lockup also happen when you have your browser open but don't have a
tab with audio and/or video in it? I have had some weird issue with iceweasel
and that turned out to be caused by gstreamer.

It may be a long shot, but have you tried with a different init system, namely
with systemd? In the "Cannot shutown from plasma or sddm" it seemed to have
solved some weird issue ...