Re: Suppression of 2 unwanted messages in a bug report

Am Donnerstag, 24. September 2015, 21:52:21 CEST schrieb Lisandro Damián
Nicanor Pérez Meyer:
> On Wednesday 23 September 2015 11:36:45 BRUCKER Damien wrote:
> >  Hello,
> >
> > I want to have deleted 2 unwanted messages that I posted on the
> > Debian-qt-KDE list, and that are now archived on the mail-archive server
> > (see message below) Those messages don't bring anything to the bug , and
> > won't help the developers to solve it.... I need to have the Debian list
> > administrator's approval to get them remove from the Mail Archive
> >
> > Can you give me your approval?
>
> No, I'm afraid lists have always been public. This message will also stay
> public too.

Also in such a case I always recommend to contact listmasters directly, as… if
you write to the mailinglist you draw even more attention to the mails you
want to get removed.

Even if listmasters would remove the mails, there are numerous other mailing
list archives sites and even archive.org might have a copy. I bet would be
quite some work to get it removed. In addition to that there are tons of mail
clients and IMAPs servers still storing a copy of the mail.

Ciao,
--
Martin