Re: Wife's sid box still wants to deinstall on dist-upgrade

On 09/17/2015 01:14 PM, Jimmy Johnson wrote:
On 09/17/2015 12:44 PM, Andrey Rahmatullin wrote:
On Thu, Sep 17, 2015 at 12:39:36PM -0700, Jimmy Johnson wrote:
Brad I'm just going to look at your apps and I see gimp & digikam, in
Sid
both are installable

gimp yes, digikam no.

Then your system is dirty and you should listen to what I'm saying or
not, up to you. But tell me what is the worst that can happen?

what I did was run package 'upgrade-system' and let it have its way with
my system and it showed me what a mess I was running

That sounds like overstatement.

On 5 systems and one of the systems, this one, I have been running the
same Sid for more than 10 years, I know what I'm doing, maybe you don't.

On Sept 15th Debian reported everybody upstream should be able to have a
clean updated system and they are on spot as far as I can see.

Huh?

That should have read KDE announce.

I'm sorry Andrey, you are correct digikam is in fact not installable, please forgive me.
--
Jimmy Johnson

Debian Sid - KDE Plasma 5.4.1 - AMD64 - EXT4 at sda15
Registered Linux User #380263