Re: Possible akonadi problem?

On Friday 23 January 2015 07:17:13 Dmitry Smirnov wrote:
> Here is what helped me:
>
>  * Set "SizeThreshold=32768" in "~/.config/akonadi/akonadiserverrc"
>    (default is 4096).
>
>  * Run "akonadictl fsck" which moved unreferenced files to
>    "~/.local/share/akonadi/file_lost+found" (safe to remove)
>    and gobbled files smaller than 32768 bytes from "file_db_data"
>    into database.
>
> The above procedure dramatically improved kmail performance and response
> time.

Thank you for that :-) It indeed seems to improve performance substantially.

Someone else suggested 'akonadictl fsck' before (but can't find it) and that
seems to have solved the 'Resource X is broken/went offline' which was quite
annoying and didn't make sense at all since I have a fast and stable internet
connection.

Cheers,
  Diederik
--