Re: How to view audio CD in Dolphin/Konqueror?

Hi,

On Friday 16 January 2015 10:53:09 D. R. Evans wrote:
> Since installing wheezy (which replaced Kubuntu) on my main desktop machine,
> I have been unable to access CDs properly.
>
> Whenever I insert an audio CD, I am presented with a list of possible
> actions.
>
> The first of these is "open with file manager". But when I select this
> option, Dolphin starts with the address "audiocd:/%3Fdevice=/dev/sr0" and
> the message "Could not read".
>
> If I select the other options (which are to do with VLC and k3b) the other
> programs start and access the CD perfectly.
>
> What do I need to do to have dolphin (or konqueror, which I prefer) open the
> CD correctly?
>
> (If I execute the command 'dolphin "audiocd:/%3Fdevice=/dev/sr0"' from the
> command line, the same thing happens; no error messages appear.)

This text is from the audiocd-io source code:

"Unknown error.  If you have a cd in the drive try running cdparanoia -vsQ as
yourself (not root). Do you see a track list? If not, make sure you have
permission to access the CD device. If you are using SCSI emulation (possible
if you have an IDE CD writer) then make sure you check that you have read and
write permissions on the generic SCSI device, which is probably /dev/sg0,
/dev/sg1, etc.. If it still does not work, try typing
audiocd:/?device=/dev/sg0 (or similar) to tell kio_audiocd which device your
CD-ROM is."

Maybe it helps.

Cheers,
André