sddm doesn't source /etc/profile and $HOME/.profile

Hi.

I stumbled upon the issue that sddm doesn't source $HOME/.profile and /etc/profile, which broke some PATH settings for me and some other env variables which I put in $HOME/.profile.

In particular, I noticed that packaged minetest game doesn't start with the Debian provided launcher, because it relies on /usr/games being in the PATH, which was set in /etc/profile, and sddm ignores it. With kdm it all worked. I filed a bug to sddm (https://github.com/sddm/sddm/issues/448) but they replied that it's an expected behavior. It probably means that Debian should change something to accommodate this difference. Should I file a bug for sddm in Debian or for something else?

Regards,

Hillel Lubman.