Re: Mayday on Akonadi

On Wednesday 30 July 2014 22:41:37 phil-deb1.merlin@laposte.net wrote:
> Hello,
> The 10 May 2014 i write a bug 747637 titled "  akonadi-server: upgrade to
> akonadi-12-1-1 does not work so kmail too" with the quality of grave. No
> maintener answer to this bug, another person Markus Meier show the reason
> of the disfunction of akonadi-server, but still no maintener answer nor
> correct the bug. I blocked the update of akonadi-server still today, but it
> became impossible to maintain this blocking of update. So that now I cannot
> use any more of kmail or kontact. Please Maintener can you help me.
> Best Regards.
> Philippe Merlin

As a possible workwaround, that does not solve the bug, you could try to
delete akonadi-server and, while it is offline, delete the mysql database.
Akonadi should recreate the database from scratch.

Of course, make a backup of your full home directory in case things go wrong,
you will probably loose data (eg. tags).

Luis