Re: pm-suspend and KDE sleep

Hi Diederik,

On Monday 14 July 2014 23:39:01 Diederik de Haas wrote:
> On Monday 14 July 2014 22:01:03 Rainer Dorsch wrote:
> > my scripts in the /etc/pm/sleep.d are not executed anymore when running
> > KDE
> > sleep. When running pm-suspend from the cmd line the problem is not there.
> > Does anybody know if KDE does not use pm-utils anymore for suspend and
> > resume for some reason?
>
> I've reinstalled pm-utils, but I still don't have any scripts in /etc/pm/* .
> Do you know how you got them?

I created the script manually. The scripts which come with pm-utils are in
/usr/lib/pm-utils/

> Hibernate does not work at all on my machine anymore.

Have your swap partitions changed? If yes please check

blackbox:~# cat /etc/initramfs-tools/conf.d/resume
# RESUME=/dev/sdb2
RESUME=/dev/disk/by-uuid/cfac727c-78d3-4c20-8e08-1a599d42a117
blackbox:~#

and

blackbox:~# cat /etc/uswsusp.conf
# /etc/uswsusp.conf(8) -- Configuration file for s2disk/s2both
resume device = /dev/disk/by-uuid/cfac727c-78d3-4c20-8e08-1a599d42a117
compress = y
early writeout = y
image size = 974180433
RSA key file = /etc/uswsusp.key
shutdown method = platform
blackbox:~#

After making changes run
# update-initramfs -u

> Suspend does work when using the free nouveau drivers, but not properly
> with the proprietary nvidia drivers (from the nvidia-driver package).
> With the nvidia drivers my desktop isn't painted correctly anymore and all I
> can do is press ('blindly') "Alt+F5 -> Alt+l -> 3x arrow up -> Enter"
> (Ctl+Alt+Backspace seems to work too) to log out at which point I can log
> back in again (and then it works).

Fortunately I have only one nvidia system left, their linux support has been
poor.

> So all I'm really saying is that hibernate and suspend don't work properly
> on my KDE system (haven't tried another DE, no plans either) and haven't
> for (quite) some time.
> I'm using Sid.

In the past KDE suspend used pm-utils, but right now that seems not to be the
case anymore....

Rainer

--
Rainer Dorsch