Re: Why the mix of 4.11 and 4.12 in unstable

Am Donnerstag, 15. Mai 2014, 20.23:13 schrieb Diederik de Haas:
> Hi!

Good morning Diederik

> I've noticed some time that the KDE packages in unstable seem to be from
> different KDE SC releases, namely 4.11 and 4.12.
>
> Doing the following searches yielded 181 packages from 4.12 and 65 from
> 4.11 aptitude search '?narrow(~i,~V4.12)'
> aptitude search '?narrow(~i,~V4.11)'
>
> Why is that? Wouldn't that increase the likelyhood of encountering bugs?

No not at all. That's exactly as released. We upstream (KDE) are releasing the
KDE Workspaces (Plasma) as LTS since some time last year (version 4.11.x) and
the KDE Platform 4 is feature frozen since around 4.9 but still gets version
increments together with the KDE Applications which are currently at 4.13.1
(not yet in Debian).

I hope that explains it. Otherwise don't hesitate to ask further.

> Cheers,
>   Diederik

Best regards
Mario