Re: Quick was to switch screen saver and screen energy saving?

On Tuesday 01 April 2014 17:05:06 Brad Rogers wrote:
> On Tue, 01 Apr 2014 17:27:05 +0200
> Michael Schuerig <michael.lists@schuerig.de> wrote:
>
> Hello Michael,
>
> >Yes, I know that. The point is having a *quick* way to affect both
> >screen saver and screen energy saving instead of having to spend
> >about 10 clicks in System Settings.
>
> You don't say whether you're viewing these videos as embedded streams,
> or if you did, I missed it, but how about trying to get your browser
> to launch these videos in a player, rather than play them embedded in
> the page?

Yes, I took it for granted that I'm watching these videos on the page. I
do download as I prefer the UI of VLC over what most pages give me (and
VLC does not cook my CPU). Unfortunately, that approach does not work
with, say, InfoQ and other sites that synchronize slides with the videos
content.

Also, if there's an easy way to cobble together a plasma widget for this
purpose, I'd consider it. However, I don't want to dig deeply into lots
of APIs for just this.

Michael

--
Michael Schuerig