ksysguardd is the culprit (was: Automounted NFS shares never timeout)

On Thursday 20 March 2014 11:43:06 Michael Schuerig wrote:
> I'm afraid that I may have to dismantle my panels to find the cause,
> however, I'm reluctant to do so as setting them up the way I want
> them  takes quite some time. Is there a way to save/restore the
> configuration of one or more panels?

I have monitor widgets for CPU, network I/O, and temperature on my
panel. All those widgets rely on a separate ksysguardd process to
provide the data that they display. During its data collection
ksysguardd for some reason periodically accesses my auto-mounted NFS
share and keeps it from timing out.

Are there any other monitor widgets available that do not rely on
ksysguardd?

Michael

--
Michael Schuerig