CD rip using Konqueror/Dolphin?

One of the things I became used to in Kubuntu was the following behaviour:

When I inserted an audio CD in the reader, one of the choices I was offered
was to open the CD in a file manager (wither Konqueror or Dolphin). And when I
did so, I was presented with a series of virtual directories that represented
different encodings (MP3, FLAC, etc), so that encoding could be performed
simply by dragging and dropping files from the virtual directory to a real one.

How do I get any of this to work in Debian? To start with, in wheezy when I
insert an audio CD in the drive, I'm not presented with any option to view it
with a file browser.

I've tried entering various obvious possibilities into the URL bar of
Konqueror, but none of them reads the CD and presents me with the list of
virtual directories that I'm used to.

  Doc

--
Web:  http://www.sff.net/people/N7DR